Using the Power of Pumpkin to Increase Results from Lightwave LED Therapy
Did you know that pumpkin is loaded with over 100 different beneficial ingredients and has been deemed one of the top super fruits of all time? With all the unbelievable benefits pumpkin has to offer, it’s no wonder pumpkin is the perfect ingredient to use prior to undergoing lightwave LED therapy.
The power of pumpkin can completely transform the skin in just a single session. It has the unique ability to both exfoliate and moisturize the skin at the same time. Its natural enzymes dissolve and digest dead skin cells to promote the production of healthy new tissue, while fatty acids help maintain the skin’s lipid balance and lock in moisture.
The beneficial combination of both exfoliation and hydration makes pumpkin ideal for preparing the skin for lightwave LED therapy.
As you know, Lightwave LED therapy is the process of delivering energized light particles or photons to the cells within the skin. These power packed photons then stimulate the cells to produce over 24 different positive changes. This includes the production of collagen and elastin. Now just imagine if you could make it easier for these energy packed photons to enter the body. This could then equate to more cells making more collagen and elastin and ultimately much healthier skin for your clients.
So how does ABI’s Pumpkin Micro-Peel help increase Lightwave therapy results? Let’s take a closer look at ways the two treatments complement each other:
Light needs to enter the skin in order for it to be effective. Pumpkin enzymes can dramatically aid in the removal of dead skin cells that can get in the way. This means ABI’s Pumpkin Micro-Peel allows more light to enter. When skin is clean, thoroughly exfoliated and well hydrated, energy packed light particles penetrate the skin easier and at a higher rate. In addition, the gentle enzymatic activity from pumpkin is excellent for all skin types including acneic, sensitive and mature.
Powerful pumpkin enzymes evenly digest or break down the keratinized protein that forms a hard coating on an aged cell. This hard layer can cause mature skin to become dry, rough and dull. By increasing vasodilation and speeding up this cell turn-over rate, new skin cells will surface much quicker than normal and LED results will become visible, faster.
It is also chalked full of power pack ingredients that are low in molecular weight. This means it can easily be absorbed into the skin. Loaded with over 100 different powerful ingredients, this ultimate fruit has shown time and time again to be extremely nutritional and beneficial to the skin.
* Softens, hydrates and sooths: The beneficial nutrients in pumpkin such as fatty acids and vitamins A and C help to maintain the skin’s lipid balance to protect against trans epidermal water loss.
* Brightens and exfoliates: Pumpkin also contains natural fruit enzymes to safely and effectively dissolve proteins and digest dead skin cells found on the surface. This process increases skin renewal and improves the overall skin tone and texture.
* Improves luminosity and boosts collagen: Pumpkin is a great source of vitamin C which has been shown to keep the skin’s elastin and collagen fibers from breaking down. Vitamin C
also fights free radical formation and promotes healthy skin cell production for a beautiful, glowing complexion.
* Strengthens skin: Pumpkin is loaded with Vitamins B, K and E to support barrier function and help to maintain a strong internal structure. This helps to prevent inflammation caused by environmental factors and compromised skin.
* Protects from environmental damage: Pumpkin has shown to have some of the biggest antioxidant benefits and free radical protection of any fruit. This means that are skin cells are protected from prematurely aging and breaking down due to environmental stressors and pollutants.
* Reduces excess oil production and acne: Pumpkin is invaluable for acne sufferers. It is chock-full of zinc, vitamin E and selenium which helps clear the complexion, heal the skin and control oil production.
After seeing all the beneficial ways that pumpkin can help heal and repair the skin, it’s easy to see why more and more skin care professionals are quickly turning to pumpkin to help increase their Lightwave therapy results.
Here is our suggestion Protocol on how to incorporate ABI’s Polishing Pumpkin Micro Peel into your Lightwave LED treatment:
CLEANSE skin using ABI’s Exfoliating Enzyme wash for 1-2 minutes. Remove with sponge and warm water.
PREP skin by saturating 4 x4 gauze with ABI’s 15% Lactic skin prep solution. Pass over the face 2-3 times to degrease the skin. For those with sensitive skin, you may skip this step. For those that are looking for a deeper treatment, pass over the skin multiple times.
TREAT the skin by spreading approximately ½ a tablespoon of pumpkin cream evenly over the skin Starting at the forehead and T-zone and working your way to the chin and cheeks area. Avoid getting the pumpkin cream too close to the eye area. ABI’s Polishing Pumpkin Micro Peel should be left on the skin for approximately 5-7 minutes. Do not leave on the skin longer than 15 minutes. For a more intense treatment, steam can be applied to the skin after the 7 minutes.
REMOVE thoroughly with tepid water and facial sponge. Continue to rinse the skin until no residue is left behind and client no longer feels any activity.
LIGHTWAVE LED light therapy can now be administered. We suggest using the Lightwave Anti-Aging setting or you may also use 15 minutes or Red Light followed by 15 minutes of IR light if the skin is also having issues with pigmentation. For best results, we suggest using Lightwave’s Topical Light Infusion technology following the ABI’s Polishing Pumpkin Mico Peel. Please contact Lightwave for this alternate protocol.
APPLY ABI’s Hydrating Recovery Gel once the light therapy session is over. This can be applied as a cooling mask or in a thin layer as a gel. If it is applied as a mask, you do not need to rinse it off. Just allow the mask to fully penetrate before applying moisturizer or sunscreen. This will help to calm the skin and neutralize any free radicals that were created during the process of increasing cellular turnover.
MOISTURIZE and PROTECT with ABI’s Moisturizing Copper Peptide. Apply a small pea size amount to the treatment skin area. Follow with ABI’s Shade Sunscreen to provide instant protection.