There are few beauty routines more enjoyable than the application of a luscious face mask. Hydrating face mask products have risen in popularity dramatically over the years. As a society, we are becoming increasingly informed regarding what it takes to enjoy visibly healthy, hydrated skin. Our active sebaceous glands can lead to the production of oil and when our glands get imbalanced in this way, breakouts can occur.
While a moisturizing hydration mask is only one part of an all-encompassing skincare routine, the traditional face mask can work to provide long-lasting benefits that leave us confident, clearer, and happier with how we appear. As an intermittently-used tool, face masks can provide a range of specific benefits including the following:
- Moisturize and Hydrate Our Skin
- Refine Overly Large Pores
- Remove Excess Oil and Dirt
- Prevent Potential Breakouts
Face masks are meant to be a complement to our regular skincare routine. As they are intermittent tools, we should not get into the habit of using a hydrating skin mask more than once or twice per week. Masking should also come after cleansing and toning to ensure proper absorption while maximizing benefits.
Let’s explore the world of skin hydrating masks a little deeper by underscoring the specific ways face masks work as well as their corresponding benefits.
Understanding Hydrating Masks: Types of Face Masks
Take a walk down the aisle of any beauty store. You’ll quickly find yourself overwhelmed by the sheer amount of options available to you. Face masks are vital products when used correctly as they provide an expansive range of benefits. The big issue with hydrating mask products is that there are so many styles to explore, which is the right one for us?
Here are the most common types of face masks that you will run into as well as their corresponding advantages.
- Sheet Mask – These are some of the most affordable and accessible face masks in the I industry. Sheet masks come in varying formulas depending on the targeted outcome of the end-user. The Honeysuckle Hydrating Mask by ABI Skincare offers a blend of Honeysuckle, Aloe, and Ginseng to provide a moisturizing boost of restoration.
- Overnight Masks – When compared to cream-based masks, overnight hydrating masks can provide long-lasting relief without a greasy or sticky formula. Overnight masks are meant to work while you sleep, so they are great for travel or for treating yourself during a night in.
- Gel Mask – A Gel mask is ideal for individuals with oily or outright dehydrated skin. Also great for individuals with skin sensitivity, gel-based masks are gentler on our pores than other heavier hitting products.
- Creamy Masks – One of our favorite styles of face mask, creamy hydrating face masks are typically brimming with those majorly hydrating ingredients we all know and love. Typical ingredients featured in these potent masks include essential oils, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, extracts, and more. Ideal for anti-aging benefits, creamy masks offer targeted benefits that end-users will notice!
Since our skin is roughly 64% water, it is important that we maintain a proper moisture balance. If we notice that our skin is drying out, it could be due to any number of factors.
Common causes of dehydrated skin include an unhealthy diet, caffeine consumption, climate and weather, and quality of rest.
Experience Skin Rejuvenation With ABI Dermaceuticals
When it comes time to treat our skin the way we deserve, it is important to have quality skincare products that we can trust. ABI Skin Care has dedicated its business to curating a collection of hydrating and healthy skincare products. With a focus on exceptional ingredients and easy-to-implement routines, ABI Dermaceuticals is primed to help you on your journey toward clear and beautiful skin.